Eggplant, Beef And Lime Soup
- 4 tablespoons of Macadamia oil
- 300g of beef cut into thin strips
- 1000ml of coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 large eggplants
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- 8 chopped shallots
- 6 red chilli's seeded and chopped
- 50g of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
Serve with Basmati rice
1. To make the paste use a mortar and pestle and grind all ingredients together to form a textured paste.
2. Heat the oil in the pan, stir in the spice paste and fry until fragrant. Then add the beef stirring until coated in paste and then add the coconut milk and sugar.
Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the eggplant wedges and kaffir lime leaves to the pan and cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until tender and mushy. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve on top of rice. Garnish with lime pieces or tiny cut up chilli.
GF- Gluten free DF- Dairy Free